Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
North Castle in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Mile Square

 
 
Mile Square Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
1. Mile Square Marker
Inscription.
North Castle’s Earliest
Residential Subdivision.
Laid out by
St. Stephen’s Episcopal
Church 1850

 
Location. 41° 7.487′ N, 73° 42.666′ W. Marker is in North Castle, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is at the intersection of Bedford Road and Maple Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Bedford Road. Touch for map. Located in front of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church. Marker is in this post office area: Armonk NY 10504, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. North Castle Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Flame of Freedom (about 400 feet away); North Castle World War I Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Smith’s Tavern (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lockheed T-33 (approx. 3.1 miles away); Reuben Wright’s Mill (approx. 3.2 miles away); Reuben Wright’s Mills (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Old North Castle Church (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Castle.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Settlements & Settlers
 
Mile Square Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
2. Mile Square Marker
Stephen’s Episcopal Church<br>Founded 1842 image. Click for full size.
By Michael Herrick, November 10, 2009
3. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
Founded 1842
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 545 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2009, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement