Beverly in Randolph County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Beverly Public Square
"Project Town Square" was coordinated by the Beverly Woman's Club, with assistance from many local sources and a grant from the Partners in Community Development. The wrought iron fence surrounding the Square was donated by the Randolph County Historical Society and was originally used in Beverly in the late 1800s.
Erected by Historic Beverly, W.Va.
Location. 38° 50.449′ N, 79° 52.506′ W. Marker is in Beverly, West Virginia, in Randolph County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 219), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert Foyles & Family (here, next to this marker); Beverly (a few steps from this marker); Randolph Co Jail - 1813 (a few steps from this marker); Randolph Co. Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Beverly Bank (a few steps from this marker); Blackman-Bosworth Store (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Campaign (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Beverly (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beverly.
More about this marker. On the left is a photo showing The 1813 jail, the Beverly Public Square, and the Valley House Hotel, ca. late 1800s. In the lower left is an illustration of the square in 1995 showing the location of the nearby Memorial to the early settlers of the area.
Also see . . . Beverly Square. Page from the Historic Beverly web site. (Submitted on November 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 695 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 15, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.