Douglas in Coffee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Coﬀee County Confederate Monument
In Memory Of
1861 - 1865
Erected by the Robert E. Lee Chapter, U.D.C. Oct. 1911
Erected 1911 by Robert E. Lee Chapter, U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 31° 30.526′ N, 82° 51.033′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Georgia, in Coffee County. Marker is on South Peterson Avenue near West Ward Street (Georgia Road 32W), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located at the Coffee County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Douglas GA 31533, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Coffee County (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Coffee County (within shouting distance of this marker); Tri - Hi - Y International (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Raymond-Richardson Aviation School (approx. 2 miles away); Sand Hill Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 6½ miles away).
Regarding Coffee County Confederate Monument.
Inventories of American Painting and Sculpture, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Control Number: IAS GA000002
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 16, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 894 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 16, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.