Near Wrightsville in Johnson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Sunbury Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 083-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 48.458′ N, 82° 30.548′ W. Marker is near Wrightsville, Georgia, in Johnson County. Marker is on U.S. 221 0.1 miles south of Coleman Chapel Road (County Route 334), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is at the Johnson-Jefferson County line. Marker is in this post office area: Wrightsville GA 31096, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); Claxton Historic Burial Site Old Savannah Road (approx. 4.1 miles away); Site of Fort Wood (approx. 5.4 miles away); Spier's Turnout (approx. 5.4 miles away); Bartow (approx. 5.4 miles away); Historic Highways (approx. 5.9 miles away); General Wood's Fort (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wrightsville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 669 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.