Dillon in Dillon County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dillon County / Dillon County Courthouse
James W. Dillon and his son Thomas gave one-half of this block for erection of the Dillon Courthouse; they also assisted financially in its construction. The cornerstone was laid October 30, 1911. Honoring James W. Dillon as Father of Dillon County, the granite monument on the grounds was unveiled June 29, 1938.
Erected 1979 by Dillon County Historic Preservation Commission. (Marker Number 17-8.)
Location. 34° 25.104′ N, 79° 22.5′ W. Marker is in Dillon, South Carolina, in Dillon County. Marker is on West Main Street (State Highway 34) just west of 3rd Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dillon SC 29536, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. James W. Dillon (within shouting distance of this marker); Duncan McLaurin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Town of Dillon / Florence Railroad Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Main Street Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); James W. Dillon House Museum (approx. 0.7 miles away); Saint Paul Methodist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Pee Dee Church (approx. 4.7 miles away); Vidalia Academy (approx. 6½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dillon.
Categories. • Notable Events • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 702 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 21, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 4. submitted on November 29, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.