Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Booth House

 
 
Booth House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
1. Booth House Marker
Inscription. This house was built about 1880 for Crawford Henry Booth (1843–1937), a prominent local rancher and banker. An unusual local example of the L-plan vernacular form, the house features many Queen Anne details, including an octagonal turret with onion dome roof, polygonal bays, arched windows, curvilinear porch with spindlework balustrade, keyhole windows, and decorative shingle work. The house remained in the Booth family until 1958.
 
Erected 1992 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9034.)
 
Location. 30° 34.588′ N, 97° 25.963′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on West Lake Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2112 W Lake Dr, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taylor Brethren Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Doak Pavilion Site (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wedemeyer Hospital Site (approx. 0.8 miles away); Doak Home (approx. one mile away); Tucker-Smith House (approx. one mile away); St. James Church
Booth House image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, June 28, 2007
2. Booth House
(approx. 1.1 miles away); The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Taylor Public Schools (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,911 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement