Duleek in County Meath, Leinster, Ireland — Mid-East (and Dublin)
Duleek Heritage Trail
The original house was built in 1795. It was built in three stages and was acquired by Fr John Kearney to accommodate the parish priest and the curate. It was re-roofed in 1993 and presides over the very elegant village green.
At the back of the house are substantial stables and other outoffices which in earlier times were used for parish animals. These were built in 1898 and in more recent times have been refurbished as meeting rooms for parish groups and community activity.
Erected by Meath Tourism.
Location. 53° 39.33′ N, 6° 25.01′ W. Marker is in Duleek, Leinster, in County Meath. Marker is on Church Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. House and marker are on the north side of the village green.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lime Tree (within shouting distance of this marker); Connell's House (within shouting distance of this marker); Duleek Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); St Mary's Abbey (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Duleek 1916 - 1981 Hunger Strike Monument The Woodhenge/Pit circle / The Winter Soltice (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); Knowth / Cnogbha (approx. 7.1 kilometers away); Saint Patrick on the Hill of Slane (approx. 10.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Duleek.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 25, 2009. This page has been viewed 968 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 25, 2009.