Duleek in County Meath, Leinster, Ireland — Mid-East (and Dublin)
Duleek Heritage Trail
Duleek Courthouse was built in 1838 by John Trotter as a sessions house for the Meath Grand Jury. It was designed by Francis Johnston. The main architectural features are the Doric door-case and fanlight, a simplified eaves pediment and corner quoins. The building was used as a courthouse until 1960 when it was converted to a library and environmental offices. Its best-known magistrate was Judge Stephen Trotter who was responsible for the erection of Duleek House.
Erected by Meath Tourism.
Location. 53° 39.305′ N, 6° 24.999′ W. Marker is in Duleek, Leinster, in County Meath. Marker is on Main Street (Road 150), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker and courthouse are adjacent to the SSW boundary of the village green.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lime Tree (a few steps from this marker); Parochial House (within shouting distance of this marker); Connell's House (within shouting distance of this marker); St Mary's Abbey (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Duleek 1916 - 1981 Hunger Strike Monument The Woodhenge/Pit circle / The Winter Soltice (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); Knowth / Cnogbha (approx. 7.1 kilometers away); Saint Patrick on the Hill of Slane (approx. 10.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Duleek.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Civil Rights • Government • Notable Buildings • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 25, 2009. This page has been viewed 1,038 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 25, 2009.