Near Richmond in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Developmnt Commission. (Marker Number V-1.)
Location. 37° 29.033′ N, 77° 23.748′ W. Marker is near Richmond, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is at the intersection of New Market Road (Virginia Route 5) and Herman Street, on the right when traveling east on New Market Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Henrico VA 23231, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chatsworth School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Surrender of Richmond (approx. 0.7 miles away); Powhatan (approx. one mile away); Galaxy (approx. 1.2 miles away); John Rolfe (approx. 1.3 miles away); Richmond Defences (approx. 1.8 miles away); Darbytown Road (approx. 1.9 miles away); Advancing On Richmond (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Regarding Wilton. Five years after this marker was erected, in 1933, Wilton was
Also see . . . Wilton House Museum. (Submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 560 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 4. submitted on November 30, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.