Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1789 - 1808
the fort that served as a major military base
for the Northwest Territory.
This stone replica of a blockhouse was
originally dedicated June 14, 1901
Rededicated at present site
November 11, 1998
Erected 1901 by Cincinnati Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 6.055′ N, 84° 30.291′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Ludlow Street and 4th Street, on the left when traveling north on Ludlow Street. Touch for map. Marker is across Ludlow Street from the western edge of Lytle Park, about 150 feet WSW of the Abraham Lincoln statue in the park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 421 E. 4th Street, Cincinnati OH 45202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Washington (a few steps from this marker); Stephen C. Foster (within shouting distance of this marker); Lytle Park (within shouting distance of this Famous Lytle Neighbors (within shouting distance of this marker); A Beginning . . . (within shouting distance of this marker); Bottoms (within shouting distance of this marker); Lytle At Christmas (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Fort Washington (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Government • Military • Notable Buildings • Patriots & Patriotism • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 893 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.