Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. James Church
The organ installed in 1914 is still in use. The structure retains original stained glass windows and interior paneling.
Erected 1969 by the Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9334.)
Location. 30° 34.376′ N, 97° 24.898′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 612 Davis St., Taylor TX 76574, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tucker-Smith House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Doak Home (about 500 feet away); The Taylor Public Schools (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Christian Church of Taylor (approx. ¼ mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Taylor Wedemeyer Hospital Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Birthplace of Governor Dan Moody (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Also see . . . St. James Episcopal Church. Photos of the exterior and interior of church, including the organ installed in 1914. (Submitted on April 1, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 826 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 3. submitted on April 8, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.