Ridgewood in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Near this House of God
Nisi Dominus Frustra
encamped General Washington
and his army
In grateful tribute to the memory of the patriots who sleep in the adjacent church yard and to the men and women of this community who assisted so valiantly in the establishment of American Independence.
This tablet is placed by
the New Jersey Society
Sons of the American Revolution
July 4, 1914.
< Second Marker>
This tablet erected by
The Huguenot Society
of New Jersey, Inc.
Dedicated to the memory of
those patriots of Huguenot descent
who resided in New Jersey
Erected 1914 by New Jersey Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 59.118′ N, 74° 5.534′ W. Marker is in Ridgewood, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on E Glen Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located on the Old Paramus Reformed Church in Ridgewood, NJ. Marker is in this post office area: Ridgewood NJ 07450, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, Old Paramus Reformed Church (a few steps from this marker); Schoolhouse Museum (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Glen Avenue (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jacob J. Zabriskie House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Beech Street School (approx. 1.2 miles away); Archibald – Vroom House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Van Dien House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Abraham Godwin (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ridgewood.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 736 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 30, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.