Griswoldville in Jones County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 084-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 52.267′ N, 83° 29.333′ W. Marker is in Griswoldville, Georgia, in Jones County. Marker is at the intersection of Henderson Road and Griswoldville Road, on the right when traveling north on Henderson Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Macon GA 31217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Griswoldville The Deployment and Assaults (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Cavalry Skirmish Battle of Griswoldville (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Griswoldville (approx. 1.7 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville: (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Griswoldville (approx. 3.9 miles away); Pitts Chapel (approx. 4 miles away); The 15th Corps (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Griswoldville.
Regarding Griswoldville. Virtually nothing remains of the town of Griswoldville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,061 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 4. submitted on December 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5, 6. submitted on October 12, 2016, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.