Brownsville in Fayette County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The First Cast Iron Bridge
Erected 1923 by Colonel Andrew Lynn Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution of Pennsylvania.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the The Historic National Road marker series.
Location. 40° 1.276′ N, 79° 53.282′ W. Marker is in Brownsville, Pennsylvania, in Fayette County. Marker is on Market Street east of Bank Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brownsville PA 15417, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dunlap’s Creek Bridge (here, next to this marker); Brownsville - Route 40 Bridge (here, next to this marker); Steamboat Enterprise/Boatbuilding Center (within shouting distance of this marker); Redstone Old Fort (approx. ¼ mile away); Philander Knox (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brownsville.
More about this marker. Marker is affixed to the bridge's railing, facing the street.
Also see . . . The National Road: Brownsville — Dunlap's Creek Bridge (Submitted on April 15, 2006.)
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 15, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 5,719 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 15, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 4, 5. submitted on October 10, 2013, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 6. submitted on April 15, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.