Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Thrall in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Lawrence Chapel Cemetery

 
 
Lawrence Chapel Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jimmy Simmons, April 1986
1. Lawrence Chapel Cemetery Marker
Inscription. Adam Lawrence (1799-1878), pioneer farmer and cattle raiser, donated this tract in 1840. Born in Kentucky, he received a Texas land grant, 1822. Fought in Texas Revolution (1836) and many Indian battles. Once jumped horse 20 feet into river below to evade war party.
 
Erected 1970 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9258.)
 
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 29.239′ N, 97° 14.248′ W. Marker was near Thrall, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker could be reached from County Road 473 north of County Road 477. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Thrall TX 76578, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Shiloh Baptist Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Post Oak Island Lodge #181, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 3.1 miles away); Site of Gano Community (approx. 3.8 miles away); Pioneer Publisher and Printer David Ervin Lawhon (approx. 4 miles away); Mager Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Type Cemetery (approx. 6.6 miles away); St. John Lutheran Church (approx. 7.8 miles away); Town of Thrall (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thrall.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial Sites
 
Lawrence Chapel Cemetery image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. Lawrence Chapel Cemetery
Adam Lawrence Tombstone image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
3. Adam Lawrence Tombstone
Lawrence Chapel United Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
By Jimmy Simmons, April 1986
4. Lawrence Chapel United Methodist Church
The church is located in front of the cemetery. There was an old one room schoolhouse adjacent to the church but it was destroyed by a fire many years ago.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 13, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,025 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on December 31, 2010, by Jimmy Simmons of Austin, Texas.   2, 3. submitted on December 13, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   4. submitted on December 31, 2010, by Jimmy Simmons of Austin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Readable photograph of the marker. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement