Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Granger in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Young House

 
 
Young House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Young House Marker
Inscription. Constructed in 1901 for the A.A. Young family, this residence exhibits elements of the Classical Revival and Beaux Arts styles of architecture. Its eclectic details and architectural features include large dormers, decorative balustrades and two-story columns with Corinthian capitals. The house served as a center for civic and social activity and remained in the Young family until 1951. It is a rare survivor of its type in Granger.
 
Erected 1991 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9372.)
 
Location. 30° 43.023′ N, 97° 26.288′ W. Marker is in Granger, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on E Davilla Street (Farm to Market Road 971) near North Gabriel Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 532 E Davilla St, Granger TX 76530, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Granger City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Granger High School (approx. mile away); A. A. & Mary Spacek House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brick Streets in Granger (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic School
Young House image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. Young House
(approx. half a mile away); Granger Brethren Church (approx. half a mile away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (approx. half a mile away); Site of Moravia School (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Granger.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 895 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement