Churchtown in Salem County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Delaware Memorial Bridge
South Span — Dedicated August 16, 1951
North Span — Dedicated September 12, 1968
Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey dedicated these bridges on September 12, 1968 to the men and women of the State of Delaware and the State of New Jersey who gave their lives in the Armed Forces of the United States of America during World War II and in subsequent military conflicts.
Erected 1968 by Delaware River and Bay Authority.
Location. 39° 40.917′ N, 75° 29.883′ W. Marker is in Churchtown, New Jersey, in Salem County. Marker is on New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 295). Touch for map. Plaque is at the very start of the New Jersey Turnpike. Marker is in this post office area: Pennsville NJ 08070, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Finns Point (approx. ¾ mile away); Church Landing Road (approx. 0.8 miles away); Buttonwood School (approx. 2.8 miles away in Delaware); Delaware River and Bay Authority Veterans Dedication (approx. 2.9 miles away in Delaware); Korean War Veterans Memorial Delaware - Desert Shield / Desert Storm Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away in Delaware); Delaware River and Bay Authority Vietnam Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away in Delaware); Delaware & New Jersey WWII Submariners Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away in Delaware).
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 15, 2009, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 849 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 15, 2009, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.