Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Austin Woman’s Club
Bought by charter members, A.W.C., 1929. Remodelled, using 19th century materials.
Erected 1965 by the State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 6430.)
Location. 30° 16.263′ N, 97° 44.802′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 708 San Antonio St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ira Hobart Evans (within shouting distance of this marker); 1933 Austin Public Library (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Emma West Flats (about 500 feet away); Gilfillan House (about 500 feet away); Old B.J. Smith Property (about 500 feet away); Joseph and Mary Robinson Martin House (about 500 feet away); Austin's Moonlight Towers (about 500 feet away); West-Bremond Cottage (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 23, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 815 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 23, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?