Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Stanley and Emily Finch House

 
 
Stanley and Emily Finch House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 8, 2007
1. Stanley and Emily Finch House Marker
Inscription. Constructed in 1927 and 1928 for $13,500, this house has associations with several prominent Austinites. Its original owners were University of Texas Civil Engineering Professor Stanley P. Finch and his wife Emily (Rice). Finch’s UT colleague, architect Raymond Everett, designed the house. Landscape architect C. Coatsworth Pinkney created the landscape in the 1940s. The intact Colonial Revival home’s historic additions include bay windows designed by Hugo Kuehne in 1945 and the enclosure of the original side porch by architect J. Roy White in 1951.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
 
Erected 1999 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12239.)
 
Location. 30° 17.781′ N, 97° 43.876′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3312 Duval St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Shipe House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Texas Confederate Woman's Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); Philquist-Wood House (approx. half a mile away); Addcox House (approx. half a mile away); Rebecca Kilgore Stuart Red
Stanley and Emily Finch House image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 8, 2007
2. Stanley and Emily Finch House
(approx. half a mile away); J. Frank Dobie House (approx. half a mile away); Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary Campus (approx. half a mile away); Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 26, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 690 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 26, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement