Sautee-Nacoochee in White County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
White Methodist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 154-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 40.876′ N, 83° 41.299′ W. Marker is in Sautee-Nacoochee, Georgia, in White County. Marker is on Unicoi Turnpike (Georgia Route 17) 0 miles east of Rabun Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1371 Highway 17, Sautee Nacoochee GA 30571, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the Bishop Marvin A. Franklin (a few steps from this marker); Early Trading Post (approx. 0.6 miles away); Nacoochee Valley (approx. 0.7 miles away); Nacoochee Indian Mound (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Unicoi Turnpike (approx. 1.3 miles away); Discovery of Gold (approx. 1.6 miles away); Stovall Mill Covered Bridge (approx. 2.7 miles away); Cleveland (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Regarding White Methodist Church. The church is now the Nacoochee United Methodist Church
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 806 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.