Gray in Jones County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 084-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 0.512′ N, 83° 32.182′ W. Marker is in Gray, Georgia, in Jones County. Marker is at the intersection of West Clinton Street (U.S. 129) and South Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling east on West Clinton Street. Touch for map. The marker stands at the Jones County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 South Jefferson Street, Gray GA 31032, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. James Madison Gray (here, next to this marker); W. E. Knox Civic Center (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The March to the Sea (approx. 0.2 miles away); James C. Roberts Municipal Complex (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gen. Iversonís Birthplace (approx. 1.2 miles away); LaFayette (approx. 1.4 miles away); Macarthy-Pope House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Clinton (approx. 1Ĺ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gray.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 861 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on April 9, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.