Near Leander in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Community of Nameless
Besides the post office (1880-90), town had store, meat market, and school, which also served as a church. The present school was erected in 1909; classes were discontinued in 1945. Today only school, cemetery, and ruins mark site of once-active community.
Erected 1970 by the State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 14580.)
Location. 30° 31.517′ N, 97° 55.654′ W. Marker is near Leander, Texas, in Travis County. Marker can be reached from Nameless Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leander TX 78641, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A. S. Mason House (approx. 4.6 miles away); Heinatz Homestead (approx. 4.8 miles away); Bagdad Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Site of a Block House New Hope First Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 5.5 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 5.5 miles away); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 5.5 miles away); Leander Schools (approx. 5.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leander.
Also see . . . Handbook of Texas Online. Nameless, Texas (Submitted on January 3, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 3, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 692 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 3, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?