Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Rooms at center of building were erected in 1876; restored after a fire in 1892. Additions were made in 1916 and 1926, and remodeling was done in 1949.
Thousands of children have received basic education within walls of this historic school.
Erected 1972 by the State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 6413.)
Location. 30° 16.514′ N, 97° 44.868′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1106 Rio Grande St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Austin High School (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fischer House (about 500 feet away); George W. Sampson Home (about 500 feet away); Brizendine House (about 600 feet away); Moore-Flack House The Boardman-Webb House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Zachary Taylor Fulmore (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.