Gustine in Merced County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Merced County Courthouse/Jail
Truth, Liberty, and Toleration
April 14, 1996
Grand Parlor, Native Sons of the Golden West
Mervyn J. Fauss, Grand President
Erected 1996 by Grand Parlor, Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 15.397′ N, 120° 59.918′ W. Marker is in Gustine, California, in Merced County. Marker is on 4th Street north of 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 397 4th Street, Gustine CA 95322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Enterprise School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Men of Gustine War Memorial Founding Day April 28, 1888 (approx. 4.3 miles away); Orestimba (approx. 6.6 miles away); West of This Point is the California Aqueduct (approx. 6.6 miles away); Hills Ferry (approx. 6.6 miles away); United States Submariners Memorial (approx. 10.7 miles away); San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery (approx. 10.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gustine.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted to the right of the entrance of the building.
Also see . . . History of Gustine (Gustine Historical Society). The Merced County Justice Court/Jail was built in 1911 by Roy Kruger and A.D. Davenport at a cost of $5,900. It is of reinforced concrete construction throughout and was designed in a Spanish style with a plaster finish and a metal tile roof. “It is a little smaller than some of the other county buildings, but is the equal of any of them in architecture.” (Submitted on January 8, 2010.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2010, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,059 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 8, 2010, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.