Kells in County Meath, Leinster, Ireland — Mid-East (and Dublin)
The Churchyard Wall
Kells Heritage Trail
This wall marks the boundary of the original monastery and was rebuilt in 1714. When part of the wall collapsed after heavy rains in 1997, it was discovered to have no foundation. It was rebuilt again in 1998, this time with reinforced bulwarks.
Erected by Meath Tourism.
Location. 53° 43.631′ N, 6° 52.764′ W. Marker is in Kells, Leinster, in County Meath. Marker is at the intersection of Cannon Street (Road 163) and Suffolk Street, on the right when traveling west on Cannon Street. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Suffolk Street (a few steps from this marker); St Columba's Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Catherine Dempsey (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Kells Round Tower (about 120 meters away); Headfort Place (approx. half a kilometer away); Kells Courthouse (approx. half a kilometer away); Market Cross (approx. half a kilometer away); Spire of Loyd (approx. 1.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kells.
Also see . . . Kells Heritage Trail. (Submitted on January 12, 2010.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 12, 2010. This page has been viewed 968 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 12, 2010.