Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987
This building, dedicated in the spring of 1987, was named in honor of Raymond Hay as a lasting memorial to the late Coshocton businessman for the many contributions he made to the Roscoe Village restoration and to Coschocton County. It is also interesting to note that Raymond Hay's uncle, Huston Hay, was a toll collector in Roscoe in 1845. This structure was designed to look like two earlier buildings - a house built c.1857 and another, located next to the home of a blacksmith in the 1930s. These two houses were beyond restoration and were razed prior to construction of the present building.
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
Location. 40° 16.804′ N, 81° 52.558′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is about 300 feet north of the intersection of Whitewoman Street with Hill Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 460 N. Whitewoman Street, Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Village Smithy - c.1890 (a few steps from this marker); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (within shouting distance of this marker); George LeRetilley House - 1853 Jacob Welsh House - c.1840 (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Warehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Roscoe Building - 1840 (about 400 feet away); Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor (about 400 feet away); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
Also see . . . Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Education • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 632 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.