San Leandro in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
San Leandro Courthouse Site
Courthouse of Alameda County on this site early months of 1855. Moved here officially on March 10, 1856 by act of Legislature February 8, 1856. Site donated for county purposes by Jose Joaquin Estudillo. Courthouse move to Oakland 1873.
Erected 1933 by Alameda County Parlors, Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 43.483′ N, 122° 9.552′ W. Marker is in San Leandro, California, in Alameda County. Marker is at the intersection of Davis Street and Clarke Street (California Highway 61/112), on the right when traveling east on Davis Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Leandro CA 94577, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); The Little Brown Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Casa Peralta (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); San Leandro – Cherry Festivals (about 300 feet away); Historic Daniel & Meta Best Home (about San Leandro – Industry (about 500 feet away); Estudillo Home (about 500 feet away); De Anza Expedition 1775 - 1776 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Leandro.
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,082 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 13, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.