Milford in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Eells - Stow House
Ye Home of Freelove Baldwin Stow
Home of Samuel Eells and
Captain Stephen and Freelove
Baldwin Stow. 1752
Also on the the house is a blue oval plaque identifying that the Eells-Stow house is a:
The National Register of Historic Places
A boulder-mounted marker near the Milford Historical Society sign reads:
Freelove Baldwin Stow
1751 – 1806
Marked by D.A.R. Chapter
Bearing Her Name
Location. 41° 13.142′ N, 73° 3.425′ W. Marker is in Milford, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is on High Street near Green Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located in front of the Eells – Stow House. Marker is at or near this postal address: 34 High Street, Milford CT 06460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Simon Lake's Explorer Submarine (approx. 0.2 miles away but has been reported missing); Milford Memorial Flag Pole Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milford Volunteer Fire Department (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milford World War II Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milford Korea - Vietnam Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Landing Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milford (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milford.
More about this marker. The Eells – Stow House is home to the Milford Historical Society.
Also see . . .
1. Wharf Lane. History of each of the three main structures seen on this page are included here. (Submitted on January 19, 2010.)
2. 200 Invisible Men: Tyranny on the Sound!. Stephen Stow's mark in history is due to his personal sacrifice while administering aid, "day and night to ... sick and dying men." (Submitted on January 19, 2010.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 14, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,442 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on January 14, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.