Dacula in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2002 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number GM67-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 2.901′ N, 83° 56.044′ W. Marker is in Dacula, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is at the intersection of Braselton Highway (Georgia Route 124) and Dennis Drive, on the right when traveling north on Braselton Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dacula GA 30019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hog Mountain Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Elisha Winn House (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Dr. William Hinton House (approx. 3.7 miles away); Chesser-Williams House Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers (approx. 5.1 miles away); Perry-Rainey Institute (approx. 6.8 miles away); The Home of Major William E. Simmons (approx. 7 miles away); Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dacula.
More about this marker. This marker replaced an earlier marker of the same title and similar text on this location erected by the Georgia Historical Commission. A marker erected by the W.P.A in the 1930s also stood here until recently.
Also see . . . Archaeological work at Fort Daniel. New study of old documents shows that Fort Daniel was not original to the site, but rather constructed in late 1813 to replace an earlier fort dating to at least 1799 and perhaps earlier. (Submitted on January 17, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Forts, Castles • Roads & Vehicles • War of 1812 • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,492 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.