Huntsville in Madison County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Alabama’s Constitution And Statehood
On August 2, 1819 the document was signed on this site in a cabinetmaker's shop, the
Erected 1997 by Alabama State Bar and The Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association.
Location. 34° 43.752′ N, 86° 35.034′ W. Marker is in Huntsville, Alabama, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of Gates Avenue and Franklin Street S.E. on Gates Avenue. Touch for map. Located near the entrance to the Alabama Constitution Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 109 Gates Avenue, Huntsville AL 35801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bessie (a few steps from this marker); Site - Alabama’s First Constitutional Convention (a few steps from this marker); Harrison Brothers Hardware (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tallulah Bankhead / I. Schiffman Building (about 400 feet away); Twickenham Historic District (about 400 feet away); The Church Of The Nativity, Episcopal (about 500 feet away); The Public Inn (about 500 feet away); Erected in 1835 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Huntsville.
Also see . . .
1. The Alabama Constitution Village website. (Submitted on January 18, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
2. Encyclopedia of Alabama entry on the territorial period and early statehood. (Submitted on December 19, 2012, by Laura Hill of Auburn, Alabama.)
Categories. • Education • Government • Notable Events • Notable Places • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Alabama’s Constitution And Statehood.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 18, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,656 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 18, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.