Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Grand Army of the Republic
Erected by Department of Michigan, Woman's Relief Corps, auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic. Dedicated November, 1948.
Erected 1948 by Woman's Relief Corps, auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic.
Location. 42° 20.186′ N, 82° 59.633′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is on Muse Road near Central Way, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Civil War soldier, at Central and Muse roads, Belle Isle Park, Detroit. Marker is at or near this postal address: Belle Isle Park, Detroit MI 48207, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gen. O. M. Poe Post No. 433 (within shouting distance of this marker); Ransom Eli Olds (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Detroit Spanish American War Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Alpheus S. Williams (approx. 0.4 miles away); S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald (approx. 0.4 miles away); Perry's Victory (approx. 0.4 miles away); Police Radio Dispatch (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
More about this marker. The sculptor was Angelo Zirolo of Wyandotte
Categories. • War, US Civil • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2010, by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. This page has been viewed 1,079 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 20, 2010, by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.