Westerville in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
the son of Cornelius Phelps,
the son of Timothy Phelps,
the son of William Phelps,
who came from Tewksbury
England in 1630 and
setteled at Dorchester, Mass.
In 1635, setteled Widsor, Conn.
He [Edward Phelps] with his family were the first pioneer
settlers in Blendon Twp.
He served in the 8th Co. 1st Conn.
Line Reg. 1787 Rev. War.
Erected by family of Edward Phelps.
Location. 40° 5.711′ N, 82° 54.301′ W. Marker is in Westerville, Ohio, in Franklin County. Touch for map. Memorial is in Blendon Central Cemetery, about 200 feet northeast of the intersection of Dempsey and Hempstead Roads. Marker is in this post office area: Westerville OH 43081, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Blendon Presbyterian Church (a few steps from this marker); Blendon Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Blendon Central Cemetery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blendon Township War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Blendon Church Bell The Ellsworth Chapel (approx. 0.9 miles away); Central College Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery Armed Forces Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westerville.
Also see . . . Settlement of Blendon Township. (Submitted on January 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 767 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 20, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.