Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Columbiana in Columbiana County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Log House Museum

 
 
Log House Museum Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, April 15, 2006
1. Log House Museum Marker
Inscription. Joshua Dixon selected this site in 1805 as the center for Columbiana. The first local post office, established at this museum location in 1809, pioneered free mail delivery in 1837.

The museum, an early log home in the village, was moved here and restored in 1975 by community effort for use as a museum and Bicentennial headquarters. The annex was built in 1978.
 
Erected 1983 by Historical Society of Columbiana and Fairfield Township and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 8-15.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
 
Location. 40° 53.326′ N, 80° 41.608′ W. Marker is in Columbiana, Ohio, in Columbiana County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (Ohio Route 164) and East Park Avenue (Ohio Route 344) on North Main Street. Touch for map. It is on the northeast corner of the traffic circle. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10 East Park Avenue, Columbiana OH 44408, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harvey S. Firestone (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Hanna Log Cabin (approx.
Log House Museum and Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats
2. Log House Museum and Marker
half a mile away); Cherry Valley Coke Ovens (approx. 3.3 miles away); Unserheim (approx. 7.8 miles away); Southern Park Stables (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbiana.
 
Also see . . .  Log House Museum. (Submitted on April 17, 2006.)
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,876 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia.
Paid Advertisement