Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 135-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 46.407′ N, 84° 26.76′ W. Marker is in Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of East Lee Street and Jefferson Street SE, on the right when traveling east on East Lee Street. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the Terrell County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured Confederate Gun Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. half a mile away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Herod Town (approx. 5.1 miles away); General Andrew Jackson (approx. 5.2 miles away); Battle of Echowanotchaway Swamp Monument (approx. 7.9 miles away); Battle of Echowanotchaway Swamp (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson.
Also see . . . Terrell County from the New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 894 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.