Orchard Hill in Spalding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Grain Elevator
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 126-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 11.137′ N, 84° 12.646′ W. Marker is in Orchard Hill, Georgia, in Spalding County. Marker is at the intersection of Macon Road (Old U.S. 41) and Swint Road, on the right when traveling north on Macon Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Orchard Hill GA 30266, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Paving The Fannin Avengers (approx. 4.4 miles away); Spalding Grays (approx. 4.4 miles away); Confederate Hospital (approx. 4.6 miles away); To the Women of Griffin and Spalding County (approx. 4.9 miles away); In Memoriam (approx. 4.9 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Georgia Militia at Griffin (approx. 4.9 miles away).
Categories. • 20th Century • Agriculture •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 2, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 834 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 2, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.