Valdosta in Lowndes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2001 by Georgia Historical Society, Lowndes County Historical Society, and the City of Valdosta. (Marker Number 92-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 30° 50.757′ N, 83° 17.195′ W. Marker is in Valdosta, Georgia, in Lowndes County. Marker is at the intersection of North Patterson Street (Alternate Georgia Route 31) and East Brookwood Drive, on the right when traveling north on North Patterson Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Valdosta GA 31602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Valdosta Street Railroad Company Waiting Station, 1917 (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lowndes County (approx. one mile away); Valdosta Institute (approx. 1.1 miles away); Christian Science Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Old Carnegie Library (approx. 1.1 miles away); Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Site of Cotton Exchange (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Valdosta.
Categories. • 20th Century • Charity & Public Work • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 2, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 675 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 2, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.