Lakeland in Lanier County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 086-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 2.472′ N, 83° 4.501′ W. Marker is in Lakeland, Georgia, in Lanier County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (U.S. 129) and North Carter Street, on the left when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. The marker is at the corner of the parking lot in front of the Lanier County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Lakeland GA 31635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles Home of Governor E. D. Rivers (approx. one mile away); Union Baptist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Joshua Lee (approx. 1.3 miles away); Union Church Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Burnt Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); Fender Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); First Court in Clinch County (approx. 11.9 miles away); Bethany Baptist Church (approx. 12.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakeland.
Categories. • 20th Century • Arts, Letters, Music • Government • Political Subdivisions • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 963 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 4, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.