Fairfield in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
the settlement of Fairfield
by Roger Ludlow in 1639
and the burning of the Town
by the British July 8, 1779.
From the founding of the Town
the religious, military and civic life
of the people
has centered around this Green
Erected 1900 by the Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 8.571′ N, 73° 14.994′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Post Road and Beach Road, on the left when traveling south on Old Post Road. Touch for map. Located on the green in front of Fairfield Town Hall known as Jennings Garden. Marker is in this post office area: Fairfield CT 06824, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fairfield Honor Roll (a few steps from this marker); Fairfield Vietnam War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Moorlands (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Isaac Tucker House Burr Homestead (about 500 feet away); Fairfield (about 500 feet away); Nathan Bulkley House (about 500 feet away); John J. Sullivan (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfield.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 6, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,143 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 6, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.