Gibralter in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Battle of Brownstown
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 5.079′ N, 83° 12.443′ W. Marker is in Gibralter, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is on South Gibraltar Road 0.1 miles east of West Jefferson Avenue, on the right when traveling east. This historical marker is located where a local walking trail Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 30786 South Gibraltar Road, Rockwood MI 48173, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. War of 1812 Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Hull's Trace (approx. 2.9 miles away); Battle of Monguagon (approx. 3.8 miles away); Simon Girty U.E. (approx. 4.8 miles away in Canada); Colonel Matthew Elliott (approx. 7.8 kilometers away in Canada); Capture of the Anne, 1838 (approx. 7.8 kilometers away in Canada); Bellevue 1816 (approx. 7.9 kilometers away in Canada); Amherstburg Navy Yard (approx. 8 kilometers away in Canada).
More about this marker. It is noteworthy to state that the actual location of this marker is different from the location provided in the "Michigan Historical Marker" website, which indicates that the marker is located on Middle Gibraltar Road, when it is actually located about 0.8 miles to the south, on the South Gibraltar Road.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812 •
More. Search the internet for Battle of Brownstown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 15, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 3,163 times since then and 93 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 15, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.