Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Burnet in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Russell-McFarland Homestead

 
 
The Russell-McFarland Homestead Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
1. The Russell-McFarland Homestead Marker
Inscription. William H. and Mary Russell built this Victorian residence in 1883-84. Russell, a veteran of the Civil War (1861-65), headed the Burnet school system about 15 years. Sold in 1895, the house had such tenants as J. W. Edgar, later state commissioner of education, and J. H. Gildart, one of the first Texas game wardens. Since 1922 the property has been owned and preserved by the family of Samuel A. and Pearl (Teagle) McFarland.
 
Erected 1978 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9746.)
 
Location. 30° 45.691′ N, 98° 13.504′ W. Marker is in Burnet, Texas, in Burnet County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Boundry St. and E. Johnson St., on the right when traveling north on N. Boundry St.. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 309 N Boundary St, Burnet TX 78611, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Cook Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burnet County Jail (approx. mile away); The Badger Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Adam R. Johnson (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Burnet Bulletin (approx. 0.4
The Russell-McFarland Homestead image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
2. The Russell-McFarland Homestead
miles away); The Galloway House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Oldest Commercial Building in Burnet (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rocky Rest (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burnet.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 18, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 696 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 18, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement