Dayton in Tippecanoe County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This plaque is dedicated to the memory of Margaret Fry, an early pioneer woman. Margaret was born March 27, 1802 and moved to the Dayton area in 1824 or 1825. She was first married to Levi Dickson, who died June 3, 1832. On February 10, 1834, she married David T. Haggerty. Margaret had a total of nine children and died April 24, 1860 at the age of 58 years and 21 days. A number of her descendants still live in Tippecanoe County. A generous gift in support of the Town Hall remodeling was made in her name.
Dedicated this 9th day of July, 2000.
Erected 2000 by Village of Dayton.
Location. 40° 22.436′ N, 86° 46.122′ W. Marker is in Dayton, Indiana, in Tippecanoe County. Marker is at the intersection of Walnut Street (State Road 38) and Dayton Road, on the right when traveling east on Walnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the front wall of the Town Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Dayton IN 47941, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tippecanoe County War Memorial (approx. 6 miles away); a different marker also named Tippecanoe County War Memorial (approx. 6.1 miles away); Highland Park Highland Park Neighborhood (approx. 6.7 miles away); Perrin Historic District (approx. 6.8 miles away); Ninth Street Hill (approx. 6.8 miles away); a different marker also named Highland Park (approx. 6.8 miles away); Camp Tippecanoe - - - 1861 - 1865 (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Dayton, Indiana. (Submitted on February 21, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government • Man-Made Features • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 21, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,061 times since then and 86 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 21, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.