Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Wells Fargo Building
Ginocchio family owned building from 1857 until sold to present owners. Dan Vukajlovich and Jim Smallfield opened Wells Fargo Club in 1955 and purchased building in 1965.
Erected 1983 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 20.899′ N, 120° 46.407′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Water Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is mounted to the left of the entrance door to the Fargo Bar. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 Main Street, Jackson CA 95642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Union Hotel & Odd Fellows Hall Lodge #36 (here, next to this marker); Dr. Sharp's Drug, Ginocchio's Store (here, next to Wells Fargo & Co. Express and Banking Office (here, next to this marker); Site of 1852 Louisiana House (a few steps from this marker); Rocca's Hall, Theatre, Arena (a few steps from this marker); The Louisiana House (within shouting distance of this marker); Webb Building & Old Livery Stable (within shouting distance of this marker); Hangman's Tree (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 23, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,491 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 23, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 6. submitted on July 14, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.