Tombstone in Cochise County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Built on this site 1882
The structure is of hand formed adobe brick, stuccoed in 1970 to protect the adobe. The ceiling and roof were constructed of timber hauled in by ox carts from the Chiricahua Mountains and are still protecting this historic landmark.
The stained glass windows, the pews, altar rail are all the originals unchanged over the years. The light fixtures although now electrified are the originals that came off a clipper ship anchored in San Francisco. The piano dates from 1891 and the altar cross was donated in 1905.
has never closed it's doors and continues to serve the people of Tombstone and the surrounding area to this day.
Erected by St. Paul's Episcopal Church.
Location. 31° 42.896′ N, 110° 4.048′ W. Marker is in Tombstone, Arizona, in Cochise County. Marker is on North 3rd Street near East Safford Street (Arizona Highway 80), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The church is located on the corner of North 3rd Street and East Safford Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19 North 3rd Street, Tombstone AZ 85638, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Tombstone City Hall (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Can Can Restaurant (about 800 feet away); Cochise County Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Campbell & Hatch Saloon and Billiard Parlor (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Grand Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rose Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Oriental Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Owl Cafe and Tourist Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tombstone.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,870 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 24, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 5. submitted on February 25, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.