Eufaula in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
1861 - 1865
“Sanctuary for valiant
and courageous men”
Built for a river tavern 1836
Barbour County Chapter
United Daughter of the
Erected by Barbour County Chapter United Daughter of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 31° 53.575′ N, 85° 8.114′ W. Marker is in Eufaula, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Front Street, on the right when traveling north on Riverside Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eufaula AL 36027, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Thomas "Tom" Mann / Eufaula, Alabama (approx. ¼ mile away); Cotton and Creek Country (approx. ¼ mile away); Central Railroad of Georgia Freight Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); Chief Eufaula (Yoholo Micco) The City of Eufaula (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Second Creek War in the Eufaula Area (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Town of Irwinton (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Creek Town of Eufaula (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eufaula.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Confederate Hospital.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 25, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 2,406 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.