Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Laurinburg in Scotland County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

St. Andrews Presbyterian College

 
 
St. Andrews Presbyterian College Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger Pate, June 29, 2009
1. St. Andrews Presbyterian College Marker
Inscription. Chartered 1958; opened 1961. Formed by merger of colleges dating from 1858. Coeducational, four-year liberal arts college.
 
Erected 1966 by North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program. (Marker Number I-56.)
 
Location. 34° 44.724′ N, 79° 29.358′ W. Marker is in Laurinburg, North Carolina, in Scotland County. Marker is at the intersection of McColl Road (U.S. 401) and Elm Avenue, on the left when traveling south on McColl Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Laurinburg NC 28352, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Lytch (approx. 1.9 miles away); Terry Sanford 1917-1998 (approx. 2 miles away); Edwin Gill (approx. 2 miles away); Laurinburg (approx. 2 miles away); Scotland County Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Quackenbush (approx. 2.7 miles away); Our Confederate Heroes (approx. 2.7 miles away); Laurinburg Institute (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Laurinburg.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the marker shown.
 
Also see . . .  St. Andrews Presbyterian College History. (Submitted on March 11, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Education
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 7, 2010, by Roger Pate of Laurinburg, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 621 times since then and 31 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on March 7, 2010, by Roger Pate of Laurinburg, North Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement