Greenvine in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Greenvine Gas Discovery
(2 mi. Northwest)
Erected 1967. (Marker Number 8342.)
Location. 30° 6.89′ N, 96° 33.517′ W. Marker is in Greenvine, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2052 and County Road 2, on the right when traveling south on Road 2052. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burton TX 77835, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burton Farmers Gin 1914 (approx. 5 miles away); Burton Farmers Gin (approx. 5 miles away); Burton Community (approx. 5.2 miles away); Winedale Stagecoach Inn Nassau Plantation (approx. 6.4 miles away); Town of Shelby (approx. 6.7 miles away); Henniger Family Cemetery (approx. 7½ miles away); Samuel Knight Lewis (approx. 7½ miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 7, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 792 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 7, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.