Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Redland Baptist Church

 
 
Redland Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Gustafson, February 1, 2010
1. Redland Baptist Church Marker
Inscription. Liberty Baptist Church, established in the Redland community in 1859, became Redland Baptist Church after reorganizing in 1895. Worship services were held in a local schoolhouse until 1924 when the congregation built its first sanctuary. A new church building was erected in 1939, and in 1942 the first full-time pastor was called. Growth in church membership resulted in the construction of new facilities in 1960 and a larger sanctuary at this site in 1976. Redland Baptist serves the community with a variety of programs and supports a wide range of missionary work.
 
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8719.)
 
Location. 31° 24.502′ N, 94° 43.331′ W. Marker is near Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is at the intersection of Redland Church Road and U.S. 59, on the left when traveling north on Redland Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is located next to the church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 234 Redland Church Road, Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Walker Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away); Angelina & Neches River Railroad (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps and Forestry in Texas
Redland Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
By Steve Gustafson, February 1, 2010
2. Redland Baptist Church
(approx. 4 miles away); German POWs in the East Texas Timber Industry (approx. 4 miles away); Machinery from Early East Texas Logging Railroads (approx. 4.1 miles away); Mantooth Farm (approx. 4.3 miles away); Charles "Charlie" Wilson (approx. 4.3 miles away); Berry Cemetery (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 1, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,142 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on March 10, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 1, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement