Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

David Love Store

 
 
David Love Store Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. David Love Store Marker
Inscription. South Carolina native David M. Love (1821–1892) was an early settler of Wiliamson County. He was engaged in farming and ranching before moving to Georgetown in the 1860s. A prominent local business leader, he had this Victorian commercial structure built for his mercantile business in the mid-1880s. Features of the building include an ornate metal façade on the second floor, square pliasters, a decorative cornice, and a restored first-floor storefront.
 
Erected 1988 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13674.)
 
Location. 30° 38.229′ N, 97° 40.681′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South Austin Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 706 S Austin Ave, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Greenleaf Fisk (a few steps from this marker); Chief Justice John Edward Hickman (a few steps from this marker); Robert Jones Rivers (a few steps from this marker); M.B. Lockett Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Farmers State Bank Building
David Love Store image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
2. David Love Store
(within shouting distance of this marker); H. C. Craig Bulding (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington Glasscock, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Williamson County (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
David Love Store image. Click for full size.
By Sharon N. Goodman
3. David Love Store
The marker is to the far left of the building, mounted to a column.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 10, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,664 times since then and 90 times this year. This page was the Marker of the Week December 16, 2007. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 10, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   3. submitted on January 18, 2010, by Sharon N. Goodman of Round Rock, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement