Salado in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Davis Mill
William A. Davis
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 1179.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 56.676′ N, 97° 32.224′ W. Marker is in Salado, Texas, in Bell County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Pace Park Road, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street. Touch for map. North of the Salado Creek bridge. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 Main St, Salado TX 76571, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church of Salado (within shouting distance of this marker); Louisa Adeline (Addie) Barton (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of Orville Thomas Tyler (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Salado (about 500 feet away); Main Street Bridges (about 500 feet away); Salado Creek (about 500 feet away); Old Anderson Place (about 600 feet away); Armstrong-Adams House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salado.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 28, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 824 times since then and 54 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on March 28, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and surrounding area in context. • Can you help?