Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Salado in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson

 
 
Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, February 2, 2008
1. Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson Marker
Inscription.
This house was
built 1856-1860 by

Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson
1820-1879

Texas pioneer, patriot, soldier and jurist, and one of the founders of Salado College.
 
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 2535.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
 
Location. 30° 56.494′ N, 97° 32.542′ W. Marker is in Salado, Texas, in Bell County. Marker can be reached from Interstate 35 Frontage Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Salado TX 76571, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Birthplace of White House Aide Mary Elizabeth Carpenter (here, next to this marker); Robertson Home (here, next to this marker); Stagecoach Inn (approx. 0.3 miles away); Salado (approx. 0.3 miles away); Main Street Bridges (approx. 0.3 miles away); Salado Creek (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Thomas Arnold High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Louisa Adeline (Addie) Barton (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salado.
 
Regarding Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson.
Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, February 2, 2008
2. Home of Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
 
Also see . . .  Handbook of Texas Online. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson (Submitted on March 29, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.) 
 
Categories. EducationNotable Persons
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 29, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 990 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 29, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement